Interviewing made simple
- Make sure your candidate knows who they are meeting with, where they should go, and who to ask for
- Greet your candidate with a smile and a friendly face.
- The place you interview should be neutral. Not in your office or in front of a desk. A round table is best
- Have your questions prepared, and be able to use them conversationally. Interviews should not be an interrogation.
- Take notes
- Give your candidate time to ask questions.
- Make sure that your candidate understands the process.
- Let them know the next steps in the process. Will they hear from HR, will you call them directly, etc.
Your candidate should leave feeling positive whether you will hire them or not.